Title of post: Creative Edinburgh Student Ambassador (voluntary role, reasonable expenses paid)
Accountable to: Community Manager
Conditions: The Student Ambassador role is an opportunity for current students and will amount to up to 10 volunteering days throughout the academic year. It will conclude by the end of June 2023.
Location: Your university, school or college and on occasion Creative Edinburgh office at CodeBase, 37a Castle Terrace, Edinburgh EH1 2EL.
Creative Edinburgh has been offering support and opportunities for creative students over the last decade. We would like to make sure that students are aware of our services and to raise our profile at Edinburgh’s universities and colleges. We are recruiting Student Ambassadors to bring more benefits to the student community, improve our visibility and presence on campus. We aspire to work closely with the Student Ambassadors to make our offering relevant and useful.
This opportunity provides students with the chance to gain invaluable experience in Edinburgh’s professional creative sector. There will be opportunities to attend a range of our events, work with the team, meet other freelancers, network with creative practitioners and companies in the sector and benefit from mentoring and professional development provided by Creative Edinburgh.
Student Ambassadors will support the Creative Edinburgh team in our work facilitating networking events and our mentoring programme for students. This will include University careers days, marketing efforts and other events.
Student Ambassadors will be in a position of trust, representing Creative Edinburgh at your college or university and as such will be responsible for the excellent first impression that the student community will receive of Creative Edinburgh. Student Ambassadors will also be responsible for helping students to become members of Creative Edinburgh, answering enquiries and communicating information about Creative Edinburgh and the creative industries in Edinburgh.
In addition the Student Ambassador may be expected to:
- Assist with student events
- Represent Creative Edinburgh at an informal event at your university or college
- Participate in the evaluation of Creative Edinburgh’s student programmes and membership packages
- Evaluate your time as a Student Ambassador
- Guidance and support from the CE Team
- Mentoring from our pool of industry experts
- Experience in the Creative Industries in Edinburgh
- Free access to all Creative Edinburgh events
- Free Creative Edinburgh student membership for a year
- This post is open to current college or university students of an Edinburgh based higher education provider.
- You must be studying in Edinburgh and be able to start the role in October 2022.
- You will have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- You will have interest in Edinburgh’s Creative industries
- You must be willing to familiarise yourself with Creative Edinburgh’s values, our ethos and the work we do.
Skills and attributes
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and team working skills and be able to work independently
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to take and give instructions effectively
- The ability to reflect on own performance and improve, and to respond well to constructive feedback.
For further information and to apply
To apply please send a cover letter (no more than one page, please) including information about your place of study and type of course. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the deadline. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Application Deadline: Friday 30th September at 23:59.
Informal interviews will be held in person or online on Wednesday 12th October at CodeBase in Edinburgh. Candidates should be available on this date.
About Creative Edinburgh
Creative Edinburgh unites creative thinkers across the city. Through events, career support and advocacy, we bring together and help grow the city’s creative community, providing a space for creation, collaboration and connection at every stage of your career.