We are looking for a Freelance Marketing Content Producer based in Edinburgh to join our executive team.
Who are we?
Creative Edinburgh is a community-led social enterprise that aims to help support the creative community to thrive in the city and beyond. Our community of over 5500 members is made up of freelancers, students and start-ups, and it is through our events, initiatives, and mentoring scheme that we seek to connect these creative makers and thinkers to come together and share their stories and skills.
We help creative people connect and thrive, by:
- Building communities, through our popular events programme.
- Driving growth and finding pathways to learning and skills development.
- Advocating for creativity locally, nationally and internationally.
- Supporting professional development and well-being of our members.
Our community spans a range of creative professionals, from graphic designers, illustrators and animators to jewellery makers, fashion designers and ceramicists, to writers, digital marketers and creative tech developers, located in Edinburgh and the surrounding areas.
Creative Edinburgh is a Creative Scotland Regularly Funded Organisation (RFO) for 2018-2025. We are also a major partner in the Creative Informatics programme, led by the University of Edinburgh and in partnership with CodeBase and Edinburgh Napier University.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Freelance Marketing Content Producer based in Edinburgh to join our executive team. We are a small, close-knit team and you'll be playing an important role in supporting the growth of our creative community. You’ll be a team player with a passion for creative content and ideas for innovative marketing
What will you be doing?
As we grow our programmes and scale up our initiatives, our part-time Marketing Content Producer (currently working 21 hours a week) requires help in undertaking all the marketing activities. While they lead the marketing strategy and website development, your role will be focused primarily on content development.
Through your work on all our digital platforms (e.g website and social media platforms), you will support events and programmes for creative practitioners and businesses in Edinburgh to allow them to become sustainable and grow economically, socially, environmentally, and culturally.
Please check our full Freelance Marketing Content Producer Job Description here.
What do we need from you?
- Excellent content creation skills across video, audio and text-based platforms (especially video reels).
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Canva, Mailchimp, Instagram and Twitter.
- Working knowledge of Youtube Creator Studio, video editing, Google Analytics, and other analytic tools.
- Excellent knowledge of Google Suite and other relevant software packages.
Bonus points if you have:
- Excellent time management and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience in producing innovative website and social media content.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise assignments in the face of multiple duties.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop and Illustrator in particular.
- Ability and flair to work at busy events and capture live content.
What will you get?
- £105 a day (7 hours, at £15 per hour) for up to 2 days a week (paid at the end of each month upon receiving an invoice).
- Office space and laptop at CodeBase.
- Professional development opportunities and training.
- Additional days of work subject to available funding.
- Employment contract in due course subject to satisfactory performance and available funding.
How do you apply?
At Creative Edinburgh, we believe that diversity is a genuine asset in every part of life and that no one should be held back by their background or culture. It is our responsibility to ensure that our team and our community reflect this by being inclusive, equal, diverse and fair. If this resonates with you, then we want to hear from you.
We hire by posting a job description on our website and other online job platforms.
Please email a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role (no more than one page please) and 1-2 examples of your marketing work (video/audio/visual) to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Freelance Marketing Producer’ and your name in the subject line. Please don’t send us your CV, we are not planning to review those types of documents.
The closing date for this role is Monday 9th January 2023 at 5pm with interviews the week commencing 16th January 2023.
You can also optionally complete the Equal Opportunity Monitoring Form and return it along with your application.
Start date: As soon as possible.
If you would like to submit your application in an alternative format please get in touch by emailing email@example.com
Interviews will take place in person at the following address:
Studio 106, CodeBase, 37a Castle Terrace, Edinburgh, EH1 2EL
If you prefer your interview to take place online, please let us know and we will accommodate your request.